To use LUTS in Premiere Pro they can either be selected individually, or you can install them so that they show up in the built in browser. To do the later, they must be installed into the correct location on your hard drive. After that they can be selected using the Lumetri colour controls.
Using a single LUT at a time
- Select a clip on your timeline
- In the Lumetri panel on the right hand side of the Premiere Pro interface, go to the Creative tab.
- Select the Input LUT dropdown menu, and click on Browse…
- Select a LUT file from the files you downloaded.
On a Mac:
- Open a new finder window
- Navigate to the Premiere Pro Application in the Finder
- Right-click on the application icon and choose “Show Package Contents”
- When this folder opens, locate the Lumetri folder and open that
- Inside that, locate the “Creative” folder and open that
- Copy the LUT files in here. You need to copy the individual files and not the folder.
- If you haven’t already done so, restart Premier Pro
- The LUTS should now be available in the pop-up list in the Creative Tab of the Lumetri interface.
On a PC:
- Go to the C:// directory, navigate to: Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Pro CC and open the directory.
- Inside this open the Lumetri directory, and in there open the LUTs dir, then open the Creative folder.
- Copy the LUTs. you downloaded into this folder.
- Restart Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- The LUTS should now be available in the pop-up list in the Creative tab of the Lumetri interface.