The latest version of Final Cut Pro 10.4, comes with a LUT utility built in. To use one of Thomas's (or any) LUTS in FCPx, here’s what to do. Note that you need to be using FCPx 10.4 or higher
- Go to the effect browser int he FCPX interface
- Select the Colour Set
- Select the “Custom LUT” effect and apply it to your footage.
- In the effect controls, select the LUT pop-up menu and choose: “Choose Custom LUT…”
- Select a LUT from the folder of LUTS that you downloaded.
- Control the amount of the effect with the Mix slider.